Our boss, lord and master of the best florist in town (in our humble opinion) always says around this time of the year: “everyone has a mother”. True, everyone does have a mother. She may be alive or has passed, we may never have known her, or we may have grown smothered with her love or we may have mother figures in many shapes and/or forms, but we all have a mother. Even musicians have mothers. Shocking, we know. But it’s true, they too have one and some of them have sung some of the most beautiful songs dedicated to their moms. Because a mother’s love does inspire some of the sweetest melody.
Today, we will share some of them with you. We had fun finding them for you.
Through our search for loving songs for Moms, we found that a number of rappers had rapped about their momas. It’s not something you’d expect. Even tough rappers do have soft moments where they let the love for their mothers shine and we thought it was sweet. Check out the rhymes Of Tupac in “Dear mama”, “Hey Mama” by Kanye West (yes, the self-loving rapper took a break from the self-love to love his mother), “Dance” by Naz, Snoop Dogg, or is it Snoop Lion now, well he said “Took me to school the first day , Taught me how to kneel down and pray , You learned (poetic licence) me how to count from one to ten , And never forget, where I’ve been, momma” in his “I love My Momma” rap song and Talib Kweli put together some of the sweetest lyrics about his mother in “Momma Can You Hear Me”.
The tough and rough artist of hard rock, rock and roll, and punk rock also penned some sweet mother’s love lyrics. Singers like Ozzy Osbourne, Metallica, Lucero, Elvis Presley and The Beatles have sung to show their love to their mothers. With lyrics like “Mama, she has taught me well, told me when I was young, ‘Son, your life’s an open book, Don’t close it ‘fore it’s done” by Metallica and “Seashell eyes, windy smile calls me, So I sing the song of love” By The Beatles, what mother’s heart wouldn’t melt into a puddle of goo.
R&B singers are known for their special way of making people get into their feelings. So imagine what we would feel when they sing lovely songs for their Moms. When the Boys II Men said “There was so many times, looking back when I was so afraid, and then you come to me and say to me, I can face anything” in their song “A Song for Mama” in their soulful voices and when R. Kelly said “I just can’t forget how you gave me love, oh no, if there’s a heaven up above, know she’s teaching angels how to love” in his song “Sadie” we felt all the feelings and so did all the mothers around the world.
Even Justin Bieber made Beliebers out of mothers with his song “Turn to You” when he said “So when you’re lost and you’re tired, when you’re broken in two, let my love take you higher, Because I still turn to you” Other pop singers brought the fun in the mom-love too like The Spice Girls and the Backstreet boys.
So whatever genre of music you are into there is a song that will speak to that part of your heart that holds your mom. They are beautiful songs and they are pure and honest. Just like your mom’s love for you. And we leave you with one last song by The intruders “I’ll Always Love My Momma, She’s My Favorite Girl!”
HAPPY MOTHER’S DAY!
Imagine you didn’t have Your Administrative Assistant. We’ll give you a moment … How many hours in a day would you need to be able to finish your work? Administrative Assistants may be some of the most underappreciated members of the workforce and we think that should change. If you didn’t have an administrative assistant YOU would be responsible for doing everything. Yes, that suck. But it’s more than that. Your administrative assistant is your support in every way. S/he is your sounding board, your brainstorming buddy, your facilitator, the hero that pays attention to the smallest details and makes sure nothing falls thru the cracks. Int short, they allow you to shine brighter than you would have had you been running around doing everything they do. Let’s face it, you wouldn’t be able to concentrate on the “big things” had your Admin Assistant not prepared the “small” things for you. Had your Admin not worried about the small potatoes and researched, compiled, prepared and presented all the data you need while screening your calls, making your coffee, ordering your flowers and remembering employee birthdays, you wouldn’t be the superstar you are. Those are facts. You would be stretched in a thousand different directions that you would lose that “big idea” thinking mind.
Now we ask you, on this one week/day that we celebrate the unsung heroes of the corporate world, do you think that we are asking for too much when we suggest you do something to show your appreciation for their talent, skills and capable ways of keeping your sanity intact, is asking for too much? It the “they are doing what I pay them/they are paid to do” the attitude you need to have. We think not. These are people that support you. and we don’t use the word support lightly; they are your backbone, the cane you walk on, the ones that polish your shine, the ones that fall back and allow you to do what you do best and sparkle and lead. Don’t you think some token of your appreciation is warranted? Deserved? The answer you are looking for is YES! We, for sure, absolutely do!
So be the hero you are and do what’s right. Show your Administrative Assistant you appreciation and gratitude.
There you are sitting at your desk thinking, contemplating your next world take over when your calendar reminder pops up to tell you that you have a meeting tomorrow at 10am that you set up months ago while playing golf and rubbing elbows with who’s who of the industry and had forgotten all about. And your eyes go wide open and bug out and you think “Yawza! Forgot about that!” Well guess who didn’t forget. That’s right! Your Administrative Assistant. Your fabulous AA set up you calendar reminder and confirmed your appointment, prepared your PowerPoint presentation, pulled all the data and pertinent information, prepared your report, printed it collated, made copies arranged it perfectly and professionally in presentation folders. All while s/he ordered your office supplies, made your traveling arrangements, arranged catering for your lunch meetings, sent flowers to the employee who just had a baby AND remembered your mother’s birthday and sent her flowers too, arranged pickup and delivery of those important time sensitive documents, and made sure that you did what you did best without having to worry about all the other details. So you tell us, does your Admin deserve a thank you? We think a resounding big fat YES is the answer you are looking for. Your administrative Assistants are your soldiers and you are their general. Their success is your success and vice versa. Their reward is your reward. So tell us big boss, what are you rewarding yourself….er we mean you super-duper assistant with? We have some suggestions.
- Flowers. Yes, yes, we know we are a florist and surprise surprise we would suggest flowers. Shocking! We know. But seriously, what’s more perfect? You tell us what would say “thank you” better than flowers. Nothing, that’s what. Unless you want to hand your AA handful of raw cash but that’s not classy, and we know you are one classy human. The beauty, colors, and ability to cheer even the grumpiest of humans that flowers possess is the best way to say “thank you, you are as delightful to have around as a bouquet of these blooms”. We honestly think that they are the easiest yet the perfect most excellent way to express your gratitude. Flowers are a gift that keep on giving. Win-win we think.
- Gift baskets. We understand that not everyone is into flowers. We think that’s just coo-coo, but we won’t judge. And for those that don’t get gooey feelings over flowers, we suggest something with gastronomic appeal. A basket laden with fresh, juicy and refreshing fruit with yummy gourmet cheeses, chocolates nuts and other delectable hand-picked and arranged to make the perfect gift that will make your Admin Assistant feel appreciated. In fact they will feel so appreciated and valued they may even want to share what’s in the basket with you.We told you a reward for them is a reward for you, didn’t we? You can actually throw in a bottle of wine or bubbly in there too!
- Now you are thinking, well flowers are pretty and all but might die and your sentiments of thanks will wilt and evaporate along with the blooms and the water they are in. And Gift baskets are fine but your admin is a picky eater and you don’t want to offend her/him by giving her/him non-gluten free, non-GMO, non-organic product that s/he is trying to avoid or items that are counter productive in her pursuit to maintain her/his figure. Well fine, we can work with that. We present the potted plant. This, as long as maintained well, is a gift that will last for ever and ever and ever or until that month your assistant gets too busy with organizing that conference you will be speaking at on top of his bazillion duties and forgets to water his/her plant. You can choose a fabulous blooming plant like a Phalaenopsis orchid or a melange of small green in an exquisite dish or a lush full plant s/he can put in the corner of her/his office or cubicle. Whatever you choose will send a truly lasting message of thanks for all the s/he does for you and the success of the company.
- Perhaps your AA just about kills every plant s/he so much as looks at and flowers are just not her/his thing and a gift basket will just ruin his/her healthy living road s/he’s on. Now what? Remember this is a day of celebration of a true professional. A party in a way. And no party is a happening party without balloons. You can embarrass (in a good way) the living staples out of your AA with happy, floating, mass of your herald of your thanks in the form of mylar balloons. Just imagine them hovering over his/her desk saying to every on looker and passerby that your AA is the BEST Admin Assistant EVER! Your AA will be the envy of the office, and rightly so! S/he works for a boss that recognizes and appreciates her contribution to her/his success. That’s you champ.
- This last suggestion may not feel like an actual gift, but it may be the most honest and probably the one that will truly speak the most. Literally. Either in the notes being delivered with your gifts or in person or both, tell your assistant that s/he is a truly valued member of your team. That what s/he does for you has not gone unnoticed, unappreciated and undervalued. Your AA may simply find reward and satisfaction in a job well done or may not expect or need an atta’a boy or a pat on the back for nailing that report for you. But how cool is it to just shock them with a heartfelt thank you. We promise you that it will give your AA an extra boost to do even better for you and work with a ginormous smile on his/her face and feel like what s/he does actually makes a difference (s/he may already know this but it is good to be reminded sometimes). THANK YOU is a very powerful sentence. People take it for granted. Don’t give a passive meh-thanks-meh, but look your AA in the eyes and give him/her an honest, heartfelt, meaningful “THANK YOU”!
As we sit at our desk, our fingers flying over the keyboard, replying emails, updating our calendars, checking off to-do lists, pivoting tables and all that good stuff that pays our bills and make us feel like we contributed something to the success of the team we work with and company we work for, we forget that our workspace could be less stuffy and more warm and personal. The in and out boxes for our files, the pen holder, the cabby with the clippers, staples thumbtacks and other office supply compartments shouldn’t be the one things on our desk. Yes, we are there to work, but it doesn’t mean that we shouldn’t have something beautiful to look at between our expense reports and the weekly team progress meetings or during that teleconference.
Think about it, you spend an average of 8 hours of your awake time in a day at work (mostly working). Shouldn’t this be a pleasant place to be? There are enough stressors at work without adding the sterile “strictly work and no fun” atmosphere to it. This is why we suggest you bring in some of our favorite workplace essentials that liven your day a little and are scientifically proven to relax you.
- Keep pictures of your loved ones (even your pet) at your desk. This will help to center you, keep you motivated and remind you that your fight with that copy machine just a few minutes ago was so that you and your family (including fido) have what they need and deserve.
- Keep your life affirmations at eye level. That quote or message from someone special, or your mantra that keeps you positive, energized and at peace should be where you can easily locate. so that you can easily access it when unpleasant events occur during your work day.
- Keep simple knickknacks that put a smile on your face on your desk. Mementos that remind you of a happy moment or something funny that will make you giggle will help in giving you a break from routine and/or when having a mental block. This doesn’t mean you should clutter your desk with personal “feel happy” paraphernalia. Just simple pieces strategically placed, is all.
- Keep a small bouquet of flowers in bright beautiful colors at the corner of your desk, away from all the papers and away from high traffic area so you don’t accidentally spill some sugary water all over your project. And if you call the right florist they will know what would be perfect for your desk….like these. Whether flowers sent from your loved one, friend or a thank you token from that lovely old you helped carry her boxes up three flight of stair when the elevator was out of service, or some that you bought for yourself (yes, you can do that!), flowers will undoubtedly put a big ol’smile on your face even if your day has been filled with deadline and spreadsheet that froze every time you filtered.
- Keep a small living plant in the corner. Keeping something live will make you feel alive. It gives you a reason to take a moment to stop and water your little plant once in awhile, giving you another purpose to be in the office other than filing and crunching numbers. It’ll bring out the nurturing side in you while you try your best not to kill the poor plant (or the lucky plant depending how green your thumb is).
So, yes, flowers are essential to our work place. Nothing says “welcome to our offices” to your clients like a beautiful elaborate arrangement of flowers expertly designed by our talented designers and placed strategically on your reception desk. It says “this is a place where we value our employees and you our client and want you to feel at home just like we do”. AND Administrative Professionals week is coming up in just a few weeks. Start thinking about what to gift your admin and show your appreciation.
SPRING HAS SPRUNG!
So, let’s start it with a bang, or a “boing”!
With spring’s arrival comes the arrival of the most beautiful flowers, sunshine and smiles, lighter clothing, birds and butterflies, and the need to clean up and reorganize one’s property and self. Yes, spring is all about rebirth. And we want to embrace it.
Of course, being a flower shop, we are beyond excited about the beautiful flowers we are able to get during this season. And ONLY this season. And trust us we make the best of it. We get excited about the daffodils, tulips, hyacinths, lilacs, peonies and anemones we will be able to add to our arrangements and make it extra springy. This is the season we look forward to all year-long. Other than the summer, fall and winter flowers, of course (we love them all).
Spring cleaning is important. As the sun shines in and fresh crisp aromatic winds blow, we open our windows let the happy sun and warm air bath our homes. Take out your brooms, mops, swiffers, vacuum cleaners, carpet fresheners, dusters, microfiber cloth, disinfectants and washing fluids (go with the natural organic kind if at all possible, we don’t want you to breath in chemical fumes), scrubbing brushes, Mr Cleans, rubber gloves (clean home doesn’t need to mean rough hands), wood polishes, face masks and a tooth-brush (because we all know there is nothing that can clean small spaces and corners like a toothbrush, just don’t use it to brush your teeth after). Whew! And get to cleaning EVERYTHING. Yes, you could hire someone to come and do it for you while you sip on your green juice at yours local smoothie bar. But we promise you, there is something therapeutic and cathartic about getting on all four and scrubbing that corner in your bathroom that you keep ignoring. And when you are done cleaning, bask in the glory that comes from that feeling of accomplishment.
Store all the bulky winter sweaters, coats, scarves, gloves, socks, hats and boots in bins and put them away to never be seen again, till next year. Change your comforter with brighter colored and lighter ones, unpack all your flowery, flowy and flirty dresses, skirts, blouses, lighter suits and colorful shirts, lighter socks and shoes and hang them in your freshly cleaned closet, drawers and shoes rack. Make sure that they are well-organized and placed in a way it make it easy for you to pick them and wear them. Make sure that those clothes that you know you won’t ever wear are placed in a bag to donate. If you have some emotional attachment to some of them and can’t give them away, you can either dig deep down inside for strength from knowledge that someone else will benefit from those pants from 1995 or fold them properly and store them (with those items you intend to give to your daughter or son in the future) somewhere dry and away from high traffic areas. Arrange your jewelry, cosmetics and accessories properly so they are easily accessible. This will help you know exactly what you have and enable you to actually wear/use them. When you can’t see them you won’t wear/use them and they will be forgotten in the back of that drawer for years till one day you find them and castigate yourself for spending so much on them to never be seen in them or worse end up buying the same thing again. It’s a terrible feeling and a waste of money. We want to help you not feel terrible.
Take care of the look of your yard/garden or the potted plants on your balcony or on your shelf. Re-pot what needs re-potting, weed all the pesky little weeds and make them look clean and preeeeeeety for when they bloom (that should be very soon). Be sure to get yourself a beautiful flower arrangement from your trusted local florist, and put themon your dining room table and/or coffee table and/or foyer table. You will be amazed how much more beautiful they will look in your fresh and clean home. Beautiful flowers will make your home more warm and welcoming and less cold and clinical.
Now you are ready! The weight you feel from the gloom of winter and the house in disarray is behind you. you are ready to fly and float through the warmer months like the butterfly that you are!
Top of the morning (afternoon or evening) to ya!
It’s upon us! What is? St Patty’s Day!!!! In just one week we will be elbow deep in green beer, pots of gold, leprechaun and green beads. And will love every bit of it. Some may be in bars, restaurants and lounges partaking in the festivities. And some others will be throwing parties pf their own in their homes. We, heroes that we are, come to assist the party throwers with some fun St. Patrick’s Day themed food, drinks and decor ideas. You, my lovelies lads and lasses, are welcome!
Ok, the theme is green, and we really don’t associate a lot of green food with party food, because you don’t normally eat a bowl of salad at a happening party…you just don’t. So what do we do? We get creative.
- First we’ll start with a simple party food classic: Chips and dip. You may have noticed all the fancy chips in the supermarkets all in various colors, get the green ones (we promise they are delicious) and for dip, obviously, some guacamoleeeee.
- Next up, some deviled eggs. Yes, yes, we know, nothing green there, BUT you can make it green. Two ways you can you can use blue (because yolk is yellow and blue and yellow make green) or green food dye when you are mixing your yolk OR if you want the healthier option include some puree spinach or some chlorella powder with the yolk. Yup, healthy and yummy.
- Of Course, we can’t forget the corn beef and cabbage. You would ask how can that be party food? And we would say: You MAKE it a party food by arranging in small bites. How? Take small Romaine lettuce leaves and spoon some cabbage and some corn beef bites onto them. Romaine leaves make perfect edible spoons.
- Potatoes are another Irish staple that you can incorporate. Small yummy potato pancakes or boxty are perfect to soak up all that St Patty’s Day drinks you will be drinking. Click here for more food ideas and recipes.
No party is a party without delicious drinks. And St. Patrick’s day party is THE party that dictates there should be plenty of drinks that of the green variety. Such fun!
- Beer! Duh, right? Well there are many options. First of you MUST have Guinness. You can’t not have Guinness. It’s the law. Green beer? Well of course! Arm yourself with light colored beer and some food coloring (the ones from the deviled eggs). You’ll just a small drop and BAM you have some green beer.
- Stock up on Irish whiskey like Jamieson or Midleton or Pady. If you are going to have some adult drinks, you better have some whiskey.
- Appletinis! They are delicious, they are green, they are perfect party drinks. “Nuff said.
- Chocolate martinis are another great options. No they are not green but you can make them with Baileys Irish Cream and stay with the Irish theme. And they are yummy so it’s a win win.
This is where you get to make sure that everyone that walks through your doors KNOWS that this party is a St. Patrick’s Day party. You can be as classy or as ostentatious as you want to be, or both, it’s you party you do what you want.
- Flowers. We would be doing a disservice to you and to ourselves if we didn’t suggest flowers. They are after all the ultimate decorating tool. If you want to class up the joint with some items that take away from the leprechaun hats you are passing around your guests, we recommend a beautifully arranged bouquet of flowers. We can even make it all green with green hydrangeas, spider mums, athos, cymbidium orchids, carnations, trick dianthus, cremones, bluperums, cremones, hanging amaranthus, bells of ireland and beautiful fragrant seeded and baby eucalyptus to tie it all together. And then you can throw in some yellow flowers for the gold (in the pot) with yellow lilies, button mums, roses, tulips and snapdragons. Of course to have that pot of gold you have to have the rainbow and you can have a bouquet of an array of colors arranged elegantly to guide your guest to the prize.
- Make sure you stock up on green beads to drape around your guests neck, leprechaun hats for their heads, and Ferrero Rocher Chocolate Balls wrapped in gold foil for the gold element of the holiday. Make sure you have green paper plates, cups, utensils to tie in the theme, some three-leaf clover confetti and some St patty’s Day themed props on a stick to you for that photo booth you’ll have (we want to see your pictures). And the best part is that all this can be used as party favors the guest can take home with them as a reminder of the awesome host and party thrower you are. You are so welcome! And right now, we so want to come to your party!
Now that you are armed with all the best suggestions for a fun party we want to say, drink responsibly, make sure your Uber and Lyft app is on your phone (DO NOT DRIVE) and may the luck of the Irish be with you!
International Women’s Day is a big deal and celebrated with gusto everywhere in the world. But not so much in the U.S. and we really really REAAAALLLLY want that to change. We believe that women’s contribution to our society and to our present and future is so great that we need to celebrate this day with the same zest as in other parts or in the world, if not better.
Women’s Day is not about making her a crown made of daisies, sitting her on a throne and telling her she is wonderful and beautiful and the best thing that ever walked the earth for just one day. It’s about acknowledging her, although you can still do the whole crown, throne thing too if you like. this is when we get to celebrate her work, her past, her present and her future, her potential, her struggles, her accomplishments and above all join her in her fight for her rights. We’ve come a long way in society but we have a long way to go where women’s right are concerned. We are on great trajectory, we just need to move forward on the path we’re on and fight alongside our sisters, mothers, and friends for the future we want our daughters to have.
Here are some ways we can celebrate women on this day, this month and everyday thereafter:
- Get involved in a women’s organization that deals with women’s issues like domestic violence, education for girls and women locally and in underdeveloped countries around the world, women and girl’s health issues.
- Become a big sister or big brother, a mentor to girls around your town.
- Give your sincerest thanks to the women that helped pave your way to success. Know that we are where we are because of the men AND women that paved the road for us.
- Teach your daughter, grand-daughter, niece, god-daughter, neighbor’s daughter about all the women from the past and the present that have made great changes in history and continue to make strides in making her future that much brighter.
- Be involved and fight for women’s right to equal pay, equal education, equal opportunities in the job market and in life in general. Whether you are a man or a woman, this is a right you should believe in for your sake and that of your sisters, your daughters your friends, your coworkers and your neighbors.
- Show your appreciation in more tangible ways. Take the women in your life out to lunch or dinner and have an honest conversation about their thoughts of how women are viewed and treated in society today and think of ways you can do more to help. Send her flowers – yes we know, we are a florist and surprise surprise we’d suggest this. But we don’t suggest it because we are in the business of flowers but because this is how it is celebrated around the world. We get more international customers sending flowers to the women in this country during this day than we have local customers. We think that our local customer could do more. Don’t you think?
- Wear something purple or all purple if you want in honor of the day. Yes, purple is the International Women’s Day color to symbolize justice and dignity for women’s equality.
Although we celebrate Women’s History Month the whole of March and International Women’s Day is on March 8th, it doesn’t mean that the minute the day passes or hits April 1st that we need to behave like fools (see what we did there) and stop giving the women in our life and society the recognition they deserve. This is a holiday that should be celebrated everyday of every year by all of us uniting and fighting for women’s fundamental rights.
Where would we be in life if we didn’t have our women around us? Really, think about it. Think about your life if you didn’t have them. Without you sister, your friend, aunt, mom, godmother, teacher, wife, co-worker, daughter. Think of all the things they taught you, think of their endless supply strength, their compassion, their softness where it mattered, their patience, their intelligence, their unwavering loyalty, their ability to surmount and overcome any obstacle thrown their way. Do you think you would be where you are if it weren’t for those women. We think not. Therefore, we need to celebrate them in the best possible way.
Our Nation’s Capital has planed awesome ways to celebrate the women in history for the whole month of March – it is after all Women’s History Month. We, being who we are, searched far and wide to get you all the activities you can enjoy with all the women in your life and brought you a fun variety.
Here they are in no order of preference:
- The Smithsonian is known to celebrate women in history, in art and in everything really. And we couldn’t appreciate them more for the content they offer. Of course, being Women’s History Month, the National Museum of Women in the Arts has many fun events planned like Fresh Talk with the artist and engineer Natalie Jeremijenko and a Wikipedia Edit-a-thon where people sign up to add and update wiki articles about notable women artists, and a Tour Around The World where you get to, in the museum’s words, “explore and discuss collection highlights that emphasize the international spirit of the museum’s diverse collection”.
- Air and Space Museum will have and exhibit on Women in Aviation and Space where you get to earn of the groundbreaking women in history that paved the road for us today.
- That National Zoo will also have an event: Inspiring Women and Girls Of Color where you get to celebrate the contribution of women scientists, veterinarians and animal keepers while you enjoy a day with some interesting and exotic creatures from around the world.
- If you are interested in an elegant affair, then the National Women’s History Museum is hosting an event to honor and celebrate Women Making History.
- The Sewall Belmont House and Museum, Daughters of the American Revolution, Women’s National Democratic Club Museum and The Mary McLeod Bethune Council House National Historic Site are all planning events to celebrate Women’s History Month. We suggest you scan their website for date and time.
Some of these events require reservation and/or tickets so make sure you go to their website to make sure you have all that is necessary to attend these wonderful events designed to honor those women that allowed us to have the present we have today.
Above all, don’t forget to celebrate and honor the women in Your life today. Those are the ones that have the immediate influence in your life and deserve all the appreciation you have to give.
We are going to tackle the age old question” What do I get her/him for Valentine’s Day? It’s an important decision. You might want to do something different this year or you simply have no clue what s/he likes and want to keep it safe but romantic.
Here are some of our favorite gifts for her:
- Flowers. You can never go wrong with flowers. Send them early to set up the romantic weekend. Call your local florist and send them to her job so her coworkers can ooh and aah and go green with envy that she has such a romantic honey that sends her flowers early. Says she is on your mind and couldn’t wait to send her these flowers to tell her how much you care. Major brownie points for you. You will reap the fruit come March 14th. Note: get hold of a great florist that will get the job done, this is not a day you want to mess up. Trust us, we would know. Those dog house flowers are way more expensive.
- Jewelry. Yup, this one’s an oldie but a goodie too. They do say women love things that shine and glitter and we couldn’t be more offended. Women like things that shine and glitter AND have meaning and substance behind it. Meaning: don’t buy a cheap metal you picked up from the corner store. Have it mean something. Maybe her birthstone or that bracelete she’s been eying or those earrings she saw in the magazine that she earmarked and left on the breakfast table next to your toast “by accident”. We’re not saying you need to spend a ton of cash for it, we’re simply saying that it needs to mean something to her.
- A gift card for a spa day. Nothing says I care about you like a day of pampering and luxuriating in fluffy robes having that knot on your shoulders rubbed out. No one will ever put you in the dog house for gifting a day of rest and relaxation.
And here are some fabulous ideas for him:
- First up is the jewelry equivalent to a man. Just like the gifts for her, make sure that they have meaning. We recommend a watch with a message engraved in the back. this is something he will wear almost every day if not everyday and something he will look at throughout the day. Another great option is a tie clip or cufflinks with a design that means something to him. Either with his favorite sport or team or hobby.
- His favorite drink. Is he a Scotch man, perhaps he likes Port Wine or maybe he would prefer Cognac. Whatever it is he likes get that top shelf bottle for him. This is something he will show off to his buddies and impress his bosses with.
- Men love some RR&R (rest, relaxation and romance) too. So spoil him. Hist gift could be a nice romantic massage for two (wink wink), followed by a fabulous dinner at his favorite restaurant.