Without romance, where would we be? Romantic relationships drive us, give us a reason to deal with the everyday grind, and make us happy. Romance is timeless, but sometimes it can get a little stale if you’re not careful. Even the most passionate relationship can fall into a rut from time to time. If you notice that happening with your relationship, you need to do something to freshen it up. Here are a few ideas.
• Take a spontaneous weekend vacation. You don’t have to go far, just get out of your usual surroundings. A night in a hotel room in a different city can work wonders. Try a new restaurant, see a play or concert, and enjoy a night away. This can be especially nice if you have children since parents rarely get to have date night. Of course, you’ll need to find a baby sitter with short notice, but that’s not impossible.
• Try new things. Go to a different restaurant or check out a new attraction. A change can often really help a relationship. If most of your activities together are indoors, try going out for a walk under the stars. If you’re always out doing things, set aside an evening to stay at home. Whatever you do, mix it up a little.
• Surprise her. Make dinner reservations at her favorite restaurant without telling her, or show up at her office to take her out to lunch. Send her flowers at work. Buy her a gift when she’s not expecting it. You don’t have to wait for her birthday, your anniversary, or Valentine’s Day to make a romantic gesture.
• Compliment her, especially when she’s not looking for a compliment.
• Try doing an activity together that you haven’t done together before. Try each other’s hobbies. You might find that you enjoy them.
Keep the romance alive by surprising her with a bouquet of flowers in McLean, VA.