The polar vortex has hit the country, and people are staying indoors to keep out of the cold. But just because you can’t go outside for a romantic date doesn’t mean you can have a little romance in your life. In fact, you can have plenty of romance at home. Here are a few different ideas for staying warm indoors while still having a romantic evening.
Have a picnic on your bedroom floor. Just spread out a blanket, make a nice dinner (or order in), and enjoy your favorite movie or music. If it’s snowing and you still have your Christmas lights up, it will feel magical. You might even want to get out the lights and decorate for the event.
If sitting on the floor isn’t your idea of a good time, just cook the nice romantic dinner. Light the table with candles, put on some nice music, and have a fancy dinner at home. You don’t need to get outdoors in the cold just to have a romantic dinner.
While going out to a theater to see a movie can be fun, watching a movie at home can be just as much fun. You can have all the popcorn and soda you want without paying the crazy concession stand prices, for one thing. For another thing, you don’t have to worry about missing a key point of the film if you have to make a bathroom run. Get a warm blanket and cuddle together.
Of course, there’s nothing to say that you have to keep your romantic fun PG-13. If you have a large bathtub, you can light some candles, pour some wine, and spend some quality time together covered in bubbles. This type of evening can easily lead to the bedroom. You might even want to do something like read a little romantic poetry or, if you sing or play an instrument, sing a love song.
There are many ways to have a romantic night at home. While these are all great ideas, there are many more that are unique to you and your significant other. Plan something the two of you love to do and see where the evening takes you.
Need some flowers to set the mood? We deliver beautiful flowers to the DC area even during the cold.
Do you feel like you’ve lost touch with many of the people in your life? Does it seem like the only way you interact with them now is through some type of electronic device? If you’d like to have less screen time and more face time with your loved ones, here are a few ideas on how to get away from texting and Facebook and back to actual in-person interaction.
If your family is always on their smart phones, tablets, or laptops, set aside one evening a week as “no electronics” time. Even if it’s just a few hours—dinner and a short activity—it’s better than nothing. Or you can specify that the dinner table is a no electronics zone so you can all discuss your day while eating. Of course, you must also obey this rule. Let your friends and other relatives know that dinner time is not a good time to call.
Don’t see your friends that often? If you’d like to reconnect with them, why not make plans to go out to lunch together or at least meet for coffee? If the two of you are serious about reconnecting, you’ll find the time, even if it’s on your lunch break.
Think about the various ways you interact with people. How many times to you text, email, or use social media instead of talking face to face? If you’re tired of always interacting through a screen, it’s time to do something about it. Make a plan to reconnect face to face with your loved ones. You’ll be amazed how many others want to do the same thing.
One was of making a personal connection is to send someone flowers. Let us help you reconnect with others by sending them flowers in Washington, D.C.
Having a stressful day? If you’ve had things coming at you from all sides and just need a moment to yourself, remember this: keep calm and smell the flowers! Just a short break to enjoy nature and the world around you can do wonders for your stress level.
Smelling the flowers has actually been scientific proven to help lower stress levels and make people happier. But even if you don’t have flowers around, it’s a great idea to take a break every now and then. You need to recharge and clear your head, even if it’s just for a couple of minutes. Otherwise, you’ll start to feel overwhelmed and lost in the daily grind.
The next time you feel yourself losing control, take a second and remember to keep calm. Go outside and smell the flowers, take a deep breath, or just close your eyes for a minute. Don’t let the stress overwhelm you!
Need some flowers to smell? Let us deliver a beautiful bouquet to you in Washington, D.C.
How many milestones in your life to you celebrate? Many people only mark their birthdays and anniversaries. It’s important that you celebrate all of your milestones and major accomplishments, though. Celebrating gives us a sense of achievement, and it’s a great way of rewarding ourselves for a job well done.
Why is celebrating underrated? Some people seem to celebrate anything at the drop of the hat, but these people really just want an excuse to party. They’re not celebrating anything in particular. To truly celebrate, you have to have a good reason. Otherwise, it’s just a party. A celebration has to be about something.
It has to have its basis in emotions, too. You party when you want to have fun. You celebrate when you have an accomplishment you want to share with others. You have pride in the fact that you’ve accomplished something—you’ve graduated, finished a major project, or received a promotion. The emotions that go along with these accomplishments fuel your celebration.
Many people don’t see the point of celebrating. They mark the achievement off and move on. But celebrating is part of the reward of a job well done. It doesn’t necessarily mean you go out and party every single time you accomplish something. You can have a celebration all by yourself. It can be having a dessert or a glass of wine. You can celebrate by buying yourself something new or something you’ve wanted for a while but didn’t want to spend the money on. A celebration is your pat on the back, and you deserve it.
If you’re celebrating something, why not give yourself a beautiful arrangement of flowers? Or send a bouquet to someone as a way of celebrating with them. We have some beautiful arrangements available for delivery in Washington, D.C., and the surrounding areas.
We all want to celebrate more and have more fun, but sometimes, it seems like having fun is a lot of work! That’s why sometimes it’s important to keep it simple. The less you have to plan, the less you have to stress over, the more energy you can put into having fun! Here are a few different ways of keeping your parties and celebrations simple and easy.
• Don’t go overboard on decorations. If you’re just having some friends over, you don’t need to decorate at all! If you’re hosting a holiday or birthday party, again you don’t have to decorate your entire home.
• You don’t always have to cook huge meals. Have a pot luck dinner. Get take out. Have pizza delivered. Get finger foods or only desserts.
• You don’t always have to have a party at your home. You can go out to a restaurant or a bar. That way, no one has to clean their house or deal with washing a lot of dishes.
• You don’t always have to plan an activity. Sometimes, just gathering together to talk is enough. You don’t have to have anything to celebrate other than just being friends and having fun together.
Next time you want to get together and celebrate (or just get together), remember to keep it fairly simple. You won’t stress over it, and you may even have more fun! If you want to decorate your home without any stress, why not let us deliver some beautiful flowers in Washington, DC?
Are you stressed? In today’s fast-paced world, it seems like we all are! But there are moments of calm in amidst all of this craziness, if you know where to look for them. Here are some of these moments that you should take advantage of whenever you can.
• Enjoy your shower! Let the hot water wash away your stress. Some people continue to think about work or plan their day during their morning shower, but there’s time for that later. For these twenty or so minutes, just let the hot water massage your back. Try to clear your mind and relax. You might even belt out your favorite song if you like!
• Take your lunch outside and sit in the sun to eat. Too many people eat lunch at their office while working these days. Yes, it can be important to get that little bit of extra work done, but only when there’s a major deadline or big project coming up. You don’t need to eat at your desk every day. Get out of the office! Those 30 minutes or so away from your desk not only help you relax but they also increase your job performance—studies have shown that employees who take a break at lunch return in the afternoon rested and ready with some fresh ideas.
• Stop and smell the flowers. Yes, it’s cliché. No, you don’t have to literally stop and smell any flowers. But do follow the spirit of this oft-quoted line and take a little time out from the world every now and then. For just five minutes, forget about your to-do list and everything that’s stressing you out. You’ll be surprised at just how much it helps.
• In those few minutes between getting into bed and falling asleep, take time to think about positive things. Remember one moment during the day that was fun, fulfilling, or relaxing. Go to sleep with that in mind, not with the next day’s schedule or thoughts about work. You’ll sleep better!
Did you know that flowers can help you reduce stress? Have a beautiful flower arrangement delivered in Washington, D.C. and see how powerful flowers can be.
There are many ways you can communicate with people, and not all of them are verbal. A simple smile, a handshake, a hug: all of these can be ways of communicating. In fact, sometimes these methods are actually better methods of communicating because in some ways they’re more direct. We can also use things like flowers to help us communicate and connect with others.
Flowers can be used to say a lot of different things. The most common way of communicating with flowers is to use them to tell someone how much you love them. A large bouquet of roses may be a much more effective communication method than simply saying, “I love you!” This type of communication is very effective, especially if you rarely do it.
Another way flowers help us communicate is when we use them on a random day. The communication power of flowers on Valentine’s Day or an anniversary, for example, may actually not be as powerful because they’re expected. Flowers sent just because you want to send them, however, can seem much more special and more of a statement about how you feel.
Flowers can help us communicate every day and in many different ways. Express your sorrow, your love, your happiness…flowers can do all of this, and they can do it alongside our voices to help add a little bit of extra emphasis to the message.
Communicate with flowers in Washington, D.C! We have some great arrangements!
There are a number of ways you can express your feelings. Some of these ways are big, complex gestures involving gifts, flowers, and expensive dinners. But some are simple and straightforward, and they can actually be more romantic. You also don’t have to worry about things going wrong. The more complex your plans are, the more likely something won’t go quite right. So how do you go about expressing your feelings?
• If you want to show her you love her, take her out to a romantic dinner at her favorite restaurant or cook her favorite meal for her.
• dozen red roses say “I love you” in a simple, elegant way.
• Go with what you know she loves and enjoys. If you’re trying to decide between her favorite restaurant and an expensive place you’re not sure about, go with her favorite. Of course, if she’s talked about a new place or has mentioned wanting to try a restaurant, then go with that. Stay with what you know. Apply this rule to expressing yourself through gifts, movie choice, etc.
• When writing out a card or preparing your declaration of love (and yes, some men to practice what they’re going to say, especially if they’re doing something like proposing), don’t get caught up in flowery language. Say what’s in your heart.
• Finally, just be yourself! Nothing is better than that. Don’t try to be someone you’re not. She’s not there because she expects you to transform into this other person, she’s there because she wants to be with you.
We’ll make flower delivery in Washington, DC, as simple as possible!
There are a lot of different ways of showing good manners. You can say please and thank you, hold the door for others, and use proper etiquette at the table. One other way of showing good manners is to send flowers. It’s a classic way of showing you have good manners.
One of the traditional ways of telling someone congratulations is by sending flowers. People have sent large bouquets of flowers to say “good job” or “contragulations on a job well done” for getting a promotion, completing a large project, or landing a new client. Congratulating someone for something like this is considered good manners, and one of the best ways of doing so is sending flowers.
It’s also good manners to acknowledge someone’s loss. Again, sending sympathy flowers is a good way of doing so. There are many different types of sympathy flowers you can send, including casket sprays, wreaths, and potted plants.
It’s also a sign of good manners to acknowledge someone’s birthday or anniversary. Often people will send flowers as a gift, especially for a girl’s birthday.
If you know someone who is going through an illness or major health concern, you may want to send them flowers. This is more than just a show of good manners—knowing that there are people out there who care about them can help someone recover or at least make their illness not seem quite so bad.
Let us help you show good manners with some of our beautiful bouquets in Washington, DC.
Did you know that flowers can actually make you happy. Seeing their bright colors, smelling their pleasing scents, and touching their soft blooms can actually change your mood. In fact, people actually use flowers as a way of combatting stress.
You’ve probably heard many people say how happy they were to receive flowers or that they just love the sight of fresh flowers in their home. But why? Why is it that flowers seem to make people happy all the time? As surprising as it may be, there truly is some scientific proof that flowers can make us happy! A study by the State University of New Jersey shows that the saying “stop and smell the roses” actually has some real meaning behind it.
According to the study, flowers can trigger happy emotions. For ten months, the team studied the emotional and behavioral responses of people who received flowers. From their reactions, the researchers drew several conclusions. First, flowers can have an immediate impact on our happiness. When the people received flowers, they smiled and were genuinely happy to get the flowers. But flowers do more than make us momentarily happy. The study also showed that the participants tended to feel happy over a number of days, especially when they saw the flowers.
Participants also reported feeling less lonely even after the flowers had wilted and were gone. This is because receiving the flowers helped them to make connections with other people. Receiving flowers says that someone is thinking of you, and that can mean the world.
There you have it—scientific proof that flowers can change your mood. Next time you know someone needs a little pick-me-up, send them a great arrangement of flowers in Washington, DC. You’ll make them happy for days and forge a stronger relationship with them as well.