Being romantic isn’t always easy, and it’s not something all guys are good at. However, it’s not that hard to learn to be romantic. These five simple steps will impress your girlfriend, your spouse, or the woman you want to woo. Once you’ve got this down, you can add your own little flourishes and ideas to it and watch her fall in love with you all over again (or for the first time).
1. Be a gentleman. They say chivalry is dead—prove them wrong! Open doors for her (and don’t forget the car door), pull out her chair, and offer her your jacket if she’s cold. These little things will definitely add up. One bit of chivalry you might let die is ordering for her. Most women don’t like that, especially if you don’t know what she might want and just guess.
2. Give her flowers. If it’s a first date, a dozen roses might be a bit much, but a single long-stemmed rose is perfect. If you’re romancing your long-term girlfriend or wife, a dozen roses or a bouquet of her favorite flowers is perfect.
3. Listen to what she’s saying. This seems so simple, but many guys just don’t pay much attention. Often, all it takes to be really romantic is to have a conversation. It doesn’t have to be about anything important. Also listen to her likes and dislikes so you don’t accidentally give her something she hates or is allergic to.
4. Make it personal. Sure, chocolates, roses, and a stuffed bear can be romantic, but they’re also somewhat generic. Instead of any box of chocolates, pick up her favorite. If she loves red roses, that’s great, but if she really like lilies, get her those instead. Getting her something that she really loves instead of something generic shows that you listen to her and that you know her.
5. Surprise her. Every now and then, give her a gift just because. Bring her flowers on days other than her birthday and her anniversary. Take her out to lunch just because you were missing her. Do the unexpected!
These five tips will help add romance to your life and show her just how much you care.
Order her flowers in Washington, DC, today!