Where would we be in life if we didn’t have our women around us? Really, think about it. Think about your life if you didn’t have them. Without you sister, your friend, aunt, mom, godmother, teacher, wife, co-worker, daughter. Think of all the things they taught you, think of their endless supply strength, their compassion, their softness where it mattered, their patience, their intelligence, their unwavering loyalty, their ability to surmount and overcome any obstacle thrown their way. Do you think you would be where you are if it weren’t for those women. We think not. Therefore, we need to celebrate them in the best possible way.
Our Nation’s Capital has planed awesome ways to celebrate the women in history for the whole month of March – it is after all Women’s History Month. We, being who we are, searched far and wide to get you all the activities you can enjoy with all the women in your life and brought you a fun variety.
Here they are in no order of preference:
- The Smithsonian is known to celebrate women in history, in art and in everything really. And we couldn’t appreciate them more for the content they offer. Of course, being Women’s History Month, the National Museum of Women in the Arts has many fun events planned like Fresh Talk with the artist and engineer Natalie Jeremijenko and a Wikipedia Edit-a-thon where people sign up to add and update wiki articles about notable women artists, and a Tour Around The World where you get to, in the museum’s words, “explore and discuss collection highlights that emphasize the international spirit of the museum’s diverse collection”.
- Air and Space Museum will have and exhibit on Women in Aviation and Space where you get to earn of the groundbreaking women in history that paved the road for us today.
- That National Zoo will also have an event: Inspiring Women and Girls Of Color where you get to celebrate the contribution of women scientists, veterinarians and animal keepers while you enjoy a day with some interesting and exotic creatures from around the world.
- If you are interested in an elegant affair, then the National Women’s History Museum is hosting an event to honor and celebrate Women Making History.
- The Sewall Belmont House and Museum, Daughters of the American Revolution, Women’s National Democratic Club Museum and The Mary McLeod Bethune Council House National Historic Site are all planning events to celebrate Women’s History Month. We suggest you scan their website for date and time.
Some of these events require reservation and/or tickets so make sure you go to their website to make sure you have all that is necessary to attend these wonderful events designed to honor those women that allowed us to have the present we have today.
Above all, don’t forget to celebrate and honor the women in Your life today. Those are the ones that have the immediate influence in your life and deserve all the appreciation you have to give.