Those of us that live in the city know how much it has changed over the years and how new places to discover keep popping up at every corner. However, one thing remains constant, potholes and how utterly gorgeous our fine city is (ok, that was two things). We may not associate our Nation’s capital with romance, but, we assure you, it is quite romantic. If you are taking your sweetie out on a date during the day or the evening, the city is very accommodating.
Here are some of our favorite spots and activities to enjoy during the summer while you enjoys each other’s company:
- You can rent a kayak or a canoe from the fine establishments in Georgetown located on Water St and on Canal St and enjoy the view of the city from a different view. DC looks beautiful from the Potomac. They are reasonably priced and very enjoyable.
- You can go for a hike in Great Falls and find a quite spot for a small picnic where all you hear is nature and each other.
- In the summer evenings you can share a blanket and watch a movie under the stars at the Screen on the Green at the National Mall. Just make sure to get there early enough to secure prime real-estate.
- If you need more sit-on-the-grass-and-enjoy-some-fine-music places, go to the Filene Center at the Wolf Trap Center. Where you can either sit in the seats or out on the lawn and enjoy your food and drinks (alcoholic ones too) while you listen to your favorite band.
- You can take a leisurely bicycle ride along the scenic trails in Rock Creek Park.
- And in the evenings you can wine and dine your sweetheart in the many restaurants with outdoor sitting along 14th st or Connecticut Ave NW, in Dupont Circle or Friendship Heights.
Our city never disappoints at any season, rain or shine. But in the summer, we have to say, is when it is at its glorious. Much like summer flowers…