We are in the middle of December thinking, no, dreaming of the spring. We are a few months away, but er know it is around the corner; it is coming. A few earth rotation and a bit of revolution and boom SPRING. And in preparation for the season we did some research of what’s happening in DC.
- The Cherry blossom festival
- Environmental film Festival
- Color Vibe, Holi for All and Foam Glow 5K
- Blossom Kite Festival
- Beer, Bourbon & BBQ Festival
- No Kid Hungry Taste of the Nation
- Capital City Music Festival
- Sakura Matsuri Japanese Street Festival
- USA Science and Engineering Festival
- Smithsonian Craft Show
- Folger Shakespeare Library Shakespeare’s Birthday Celebration
- Kingman Island and Charm City Bluegrass and Folk Festival
- National Electronics Museum RoboFest
- National Cinco de Mayo Festival
- Amazing Pet Expo
- Saint Sophia’s Greek Festival
So how full is you calendar now? Nothing beats ad a fun jam packed spring. You get to celebrate the rebirth and rejuvenation of the earth when the trees are green and the glowers bloom, the air is warmer and fresher and you are no longer wearing layers upon layers of cotton and wool and a combination thereof.
Spring is coming. We promise. But until it does you can bring spring indoors. How? Fresh flowers and green plants of course. and you know who has them? We do silly. We have all the fresh blooms to bring the light and airy feeling that spring does. Give it a try get some flowers or send some to that person that is really over winter already.