The super bowl of dates is upon us. many plans being drafted, playbooks being studies, date budgets increased, romance levels turned up to the max, Of the pressure. But why? Valentine’s day does not need to be an elaborate circus with openers, main shows and after parties. Don’t get us wrong, it is wonderful that you are putting a lot of thoughts into celebrating your loved ones. But it does not mean that you absolutely need to cash in your 401K to do so.
The point of the day is in making sure our sweethearts are treated to what makes them the happiest. And there is nothing more romantic than knowing what they love and offering it. Some are not impressed with your ability to obtain a coveted reservation at a fancy restaurant, or that you copied some RomCom because you could not come up with an idea of your own. This does not mean your sweetheart will not appreciate it. It only means that s/he is getting something unoriginal or something that truly makes her/hi happy.
- Grubhub, Netflix and chill. 2017 Valentine’s day is on a Tuesday. A work day. Imagine she has a long day at work. Nothing like having her favorite dish from her favorite restaurant; her favorite show and just relax with her favorite person (that is you).
- While in the theme of chill, how about an evening of nothing. Sit together drinking wine eating cheese and grapes and just talk and be there with each other. Get to know each other even better. Really listen to each other and share what in your heart, stories funny or sad, tell jokes
- Have an evening of games with just the two of you. Make yourselves yummy sandwiches and drinks and have a fun evening with you beau
- Go to the gym together. Couples that sweat together stay together. Run and challenge each other on the treadmill or spot each other at the weights. Encourage each other to do more and complement each other on accomplishments
- Make it known who your sweetheart is to the world. Call you favorite florist and order some beautiful flowers and have them delivered at work. DO it even a day early. This shows that you didn’t wait till the day off to remember and it will be a beautiful surprise to receive them a day early.
Let love rule!