Thanksgiving Day is upon us, and we have armed ourselves with elastic waist pants or moomoos and called dibs on the comfy chair we will have our turkey induced coma in while not watching football. Sometimes between stuffing the turkey and stuffing ourselves with turkey we forget it is thanks-giving day. Not that there is only one day in the year we should list all the things we are thankful for but why not take advantage.
There could be big things in our lives that we could be thankful for like our family (even if they are loopy) our friends, our health, our jobs. but lets not forget the small things that we take for granted. Here is our list:
- Deodorants (Thank you Lord).
- Hair conditioner (Anyone with unruly curly hair out there?).
- Sporks (It’s a spoon AND a fork!).
- Libraries (Lots and lots and lots and lots of books. ALL kinds of books. books with pictures, funny books, sad ones, serious ones, historical ones, old ones, new ones…).
- Opposable thumbs (Go on, try not to use yours for a day. Go on, we dare you. Good luck with texting).
- Washing machines (Imagine what you would do, just imagine).
- Air conditioner (DC summers without one? No thank you!).
- Indoor plumbing (Enough said).
- Q-tips (You can use them for so-many-things!).
At MyFlorist we are thankful for a lot of things. We are mostly thankful for our loyal customers that trust us with their gift needs. We are thankful for their recipients’ happy, excited, and surprised faces when they see our flowers. We are thankful that each and everyday when we turn off the lights we know we have worked hard to make you happy and content. What fills our hearts with untold gratitude is knowing that we get to do it all over again when we turn on the lights the next day. We are thankful for YOU.