As the warm air is a thing of the past and the cooler days approach we try to find those things that give us comfort and happy feeling. Like PSL. But we do not have to look very far or spend a fortune to find them. why? Well for one, it is not difficult to fins small things that give use the warm and fuzzies or a small budget or for free and second, the simplest things are the ones that give the most. And we are here to guide you in the right direction.
- Warm/hot towel from the drier. Tell us that does not give you the warm and fuzzies. Very literally actually. Wrapping yourself with freshly washed warm codon goodness in a cool day ‘tis pretty much one of the best things in existence.
- while in the warm and fuzzy town, plush animals are one of the cutest things that can bring a happy smile to you face. Either getting one from a loved one of cuddling one that you already have and is full of loving memories
- while we are in the “animal” village, let us take a moment to appreciate all the happy heart palpitations we get when we see baby animals. puppies, kittens, lambs, chicks, baby monkeys actually any all animals bring us the “awwwww”s. “tis why we watch for ours videos of baby pandas on YouTube on bad days.
- And what do we send when someone is having a bad day? Flowers. you saw that coming, didn’t you? well, yes we are a florist and we would think that flowers will fix all ailments of the blues. But it is actually true. Flowers are certified joy bringers. there is actual certification after a grueling licensing exam that flowers must go through to be able to bring joy to people. those exams are given by tough and talented designers that go through each flower and make sure that they are worthy of you.
- There are usually notes that go along with the flowers and they are our #5 happy feelings bringers (yes, that is a thing). Sweet messages, love notes, feelings poured in words bring us instantaneous happiness. But they also last a long time. We often go back to old postcards or text message and emails from family, significant others, children, and friends and read them to absorb and feel the same feelings they gave us when we first received them. They are a beautiful thing.
- Speaking of sweet notes, how about the sweet deliciousness of chocolate? There is comfort and decadence that comes from placing a delicious piece of chocolate in your mouth and letting it melt slowly as you savor the luxurious flavors and aroma. Yup, those cocoa beans back a ton of happiness friends.
- A scenic ride in the car. sitting in the passenger seat with your case against the window and quietly watching the changing trees, fallen leaves on the ground pass. There is something serene and enjoyable about it. Living in the city can be especially tiring sometimes; it is important to get away for a few hours to absorb the calm and peace of the land beyond the hustle and bustle
- Those small things that brought us immeasurable enjoyment as children can bring us those same happy feelings. Like balloons. Remember when you were a child how much fun you had with balloons? How happy you were when they made you balloon animals or you were given one at the birthday party? the many hours you spent playing and chasing one? Believe it or not, balloons are full of happy airs (giggle). They symbolize cheery, festivities and happy occasions. Imagine how you would feel if you were to be give and bunch of balloons? Even their name is fun…thing about it BA-LLOONS
- Singing aloud. you cannot carry a note? it does not matter. turn your favorite music one and belt it out. sing it as loud as you can. close your eyes and just sing
- While you are at it do the 10th thing that will undoubtedly make you happy, DANCE. Dance around, jump around. No one care if you do not have rhythm. If someone cares, then that person does not matter. ENJOY YOURSELF.
Most importantly give to others all the things that make you happy. you find boundless happiness when you make others feel joy. That is a gift that keeps on giving.