Planning a new and special Valentine’s Day every year can be taxing on one’s imagination and creativity. That is why we are here to help you. We’ve already established that Valentine’s Day, should be celebrated. And we have many holidays we celebrate throughout the year. We also have certain traditions on how we celebrate those holiday. So why should Valentine’s day be any different? We make special dishes for thanksgiving and eat special desserts for christmas, paint our eggs a special way every easter, Bar-B-Que every memorial day and so on. Those days wouldn’t be the same if we didn’t have our special thing, right? Well we can apply the same philosophy to Valentine’s Day.
Establishing a tradition for this day will help you as the planner in simplifying the day and the recipient of your love and romance’s expectations. it will create consistency in your relationship. You will be that one person that s/he knows will never fail at recognizing the glorious day for what it is and will say that we are solidly in this relationship together. It will communicate to each other that “we have our own way of loving each other and caring for one another and celebrating this love day the way we enjoy!”
Here are some examples of great Valentine’s Day traditions:
- Lets say on your first valentines day together you sent her/him a dozen red roses. You could add one more rose for each year there after that you celebrate the day together. And if you work with a great florist, they will keep your past order on file to help you keep the numbers right, we know how memory goes.
- Let’s say you send your honey a beautiful mix of bright colored fresh cuts on his/her birthday and a dozen red roses on the anniversary. Your Valentine’s Day flowers can be different: like red roses and white lilies or red roses and gorgeous pink and red tulips. And give her/him those every year. Those will be YOUR Valentine’s Day flowers.
- If your honey loves jewelry (who doesn’t, right?), you can give her one charm every valentines day to add to her neckless or her charm bracelet that is symbolic of your love for her.
- If he has a particularly favorite dessert he lives that doesn’t or can’t always indulge in, let this be the day you make it for him. Nothing says love like your babe by your side and you favorite dessert in your tummy.
- Every Valentine’s Day could be the day you stay off the grid. No cell phone, no internet, no facebooking, instagramming and twittering, no emails, no TV, no movies, no radio, no nothing. cover the clocks so no sense of time. Just you and your honey luxuriating in each other’s company and drowning in the love you have for each other.