Can you imagine what it would be like if the world had no flowers? It would certainly be a little less bright and cheery, that’s for sure. But what else would we lose if we didn’t have flowers? Here are a few things that would be different in the World Without Flowers:
• What would you give to someone at the start of a date?
• We wouldn’t have any bouquets to give to our spouse or significant others on anniversaries, birthdays, or Valentine’s Day.
• We would have to work a lot harder to find something for Mom on Mother’s Day.
• Christmas would be without poinsettias.
• The Rose Bowl would be called something different.
• We wouldn’t have that cliché scene of a boy and a girl running to each other in slow motion across a field of flowers.
• Flower names like Rose, Iris, Lily, and Daisy wouldn’t exist.
• Some colors like Lilac would have different name.
• Painters like Monet, van Gogh, and Georgia O’Keeffe wouldn’t have had inspiration for some of their most famous paintings.
• Short stories, books, and movies with flowers in their titles would be known by something different. What would V.C. Andrews have called the first book in her Dollanganger series if there were no flowers? Weeds in the Attic?
• The President wouldn’t have the White House Rose Garden to speak from.
These are just a few things that would have been different in the World Without Flowers. What flower-related thing would you miss the most?
Need some flowers to cheer you up? Let us deliver a beautiful arrangement to you in Washington, D. C., today.